Wednesday, August 29, 2012

White Dhanaulti - A trip to remember

A small request to all: Enjoy nature, enjoy your travel but please don’t spoil MOTHER NATURE. Refill bottles, don’t throw plastic in water bodies or roads. Dispose your garbage at proper place. Cheers!

Dhanaulti is a small hill station, popular for snow in winters and clean environment with big trees. It's around 85 kms from Dehradun, a detour 3 kms before Mussorie on right will take you to Dhanaulti after 57kms.

Dhanaulti is in lap of nature at an altitude of 2286metres  and can be reached either via Dehradun or Rishikesh - Chamba - Dhanaulti route.

In Dhanaulti there are a few good hotels/guest houses where one can enjoy a leisure evening with friends and rum. I always want to go there during snow fall as the whiteness is at its best at that time. During monsoon months - June to September, it is lush green though the access roads become rough and is not easy to drive on. January - March are the best months to be there.

From Dhanaulti, one can go to Surkanda Devi temple which offers a beautiful view of Rishikesh, Mussorie & Chakrata. A trip to Chamba and Tehri dam can be done as well.
Best is walk towards Dhanaulti - Chamba road and you will very likely spot wild jackals. I spotted 2 on the road. I stopped my bullet and before I could take my camera they fled away in jungle.

If someone is interested in knowing more about Dhanolti, ask me. I will be happy to reply back. Cheers!

Some of the pics of my bullet and Dhanaulti:










6 comments:

  1. Nice write up Pathaan :) wish I will join you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you please tell me about accommodations in dhanaulti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Puneet, Nice write up and awesome pictures. I have been to Dhanaulti, but this time i am planning to do it in the last week of December. had a curiosity will we find snow? and also needed few tips to ride in Snow.

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anmol. Thanks.
      It snows usually when there are rains in the lower areas like Dehradun. I can't comment on exact dates, as sometimes snow fall in Dhanaulti starts in January.
      Riding on fresh snow is easy, try not to speed up and ride slow.
      For riding on black ice or hardened snow, it can be a bit tricky, don't change gear a lot, ride slow and keep the control so that even if need arises you can touch ground with your feet. Try not to apply brakes.
      Cheers and all the best for your ride.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete